Paul F. Deister
ASA Appraiser, Hull & Machinery Surveyor
Areas of Expertise:
- Hull Damage
- Machinery Damage – Including EMD Turbocharger Failure Analysis
- Commercial Vessel Valuation
- Marine Fleeting Operations
- Expert Witness Testimony – State and Federal Courts
- New York Maritime – Fort Schuyler
- B.S. in Meteorology and Oceanography
Memberships / Professional Certification:
- NAMS – CMS
- Detroit Diesel School – George Engine Company
- 24-Hour Hazwoper
- NDT School
- NACE Corrosion School
- American Society of Appraisers – Senior Accredited Appraiser
Mr. Deister is a 1975 graduate of the State University of New York Maritime College at Fort Schuyler. Mr. Deister holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Meteorology and Oceanography and also holds a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner’s License as Third Mate.
Mr. Deister also has Hull and P & I marine insurance underwriting experience with the Marine Office of America Corporation in New Orleans, Louisiana. He also has experience in the operation of an inland towboat and fleeting operation as general manager.
Mr. Deister also has extensive training and experience with marine diesel engine and reduction gear failures. He brings with us thirty years of marine surveying experience in hull, machinery, salvage, dock damages, trip surveys, and marine appraisals. Mr. Deister is certificated in vapor recovery and HAZWOPER.
He has also testified in both State and Federal court as an expert witness in marine surveying.
Mr. Deister is a member of NAMS and is an ASA senior appraiser.